JOY OF BLACK WAXING - boys black bookshelf




I love to wax black paint! I love to wax graphite chalk paint! I really really do! I hope if I say it enough it might make it true.







*************************************************



THE IDEA
I was hoping to transform these little cabinets into a 
cute set of bedside tables but they became much bigger. 


BEFORE

AFTER

THE PARTS
I combined them together to make a bookshelf for a friend's son. The front legs are harp arms from a vintage mirror, the top is a maple coffee table, and the lower trim is the apron from the same table.


THE PAINT
I spray painted the cabinet in Annie Sloan Graphite Chalk Paint, and that would need to be waxed. But first I decided
to make it bigger.


*****************************************


A LITTLE EXTRA
I used a single pine headboard and other recycled pine
boards to build a shelf for the top of the cabinet.



WAXING
I hate waxing black paint!
I hate waxing Graphite chalk paint!
No matter how often I do it I really don't enjoy it! 




DARK WAXING VIDEO LINK
https://bit.ly/2Ugsx7S


SNEAK PEAKS ON INSTAGRAM

*******************************************
FIRSTFINDS HARDWARE STORE 

SETS OF 2 French Provincial Solid White Handle Shabby Chic image 0 SET OF 2 Shabby Chic Drawer Pulls White Handles Hardware Solid White SET OF 2 White Shabby Chic Drawer Pulls French Provincial image 0


READY TO SHIP 16 Misfit White Knobs Shabby Chic Distressed image 0 Vintage Rose Shabby Chic Bright White Electrical Plates Light image 0 SETS OF 2 Vertical Shabby Chic Pulls White Kitchen Cabinet image 0
*******************************************
Enter your email address:
Delivered by FeedBurner


Pin It Now!

Email your Questions or Comments

Name

Email *

Message *

POPULAR ARTICLES

Your first stop for vintage hardware