SHABBY CHIC BOYS CABINET - tips for a masculine cabinet



Easter is just around the corner and as a child my Grandfather loved to make elaborate scavenger hunts with hidden notes and mysterious riddles for my sister and I. He had us running back and forth hunting over at least an acre of land looking for the next clue cause we knew there was one huge chocolate Easter egg at the end and it was filled with more goodies. For me it was more like winning a trophy than an actual
Easter hunt and I wanted to display my prize for everyone to see.






I know a young man who displays all the things he loves and
it became my job to build a cabinet that he could use to display his treasures on.

   

Being that this was for a boy's room in a white shabby chic
 home I had to be creative with the finished look. I used heavy
 distressing over dark finishes and I stuck to thicker large
 shapes to keep the piece feeling masculine. I also used
 industrial gate hardware to aid in that manly feel, it was
 painted flat black and screwed in from the front. No pretty
 glass knobs or provincial handles to get karate chopped in this boys room.



*************************************



 

*************************************


  

The base cabinet was something I purchased at a thrift store. 
I cleaned it up, filled the old hardware holes and painted it in ASCP Old White.


*************************************


I build the upper portion using old house doors, reclaimed 
lumber for the shelves, stair spindles down the front, and an
 antique vanity mirror base topped it off.
Word has it that it is currently loaded with NINJA TURTLES.


SNEAK PEAKS ON INSTAGRAM

*******************************************
FIRSTFINDS HARDWARE STORE 

SETS OF 2 French Provincial Solid White Handle Shabby Chic image 0 SET OF 2 Shabby Chic Drawer Pulls White Handles Hardware Solid White SET OF 2 White Shabby Chic Drawer Pulls French Provincial image 0


READY TO SHIP 16 Misfit White Knobs Shabby Chic Distressed image 0 Vintage Rose Shabby Chic Bright White Electrical Plates Light image 0 SETS OF 2 Vertical Shabby Chic Pulls White Kitchen Cabinet image 0
*******************************************
Enter your email address:
Delivered by FeedBurner





Pin It Now!

Email your Questions or Comments

Name

Email *

Message *

POPULAR ARTICLES

Your first stop for vintage hardware