DISTRESSING TIPS USING SANDPAPER - bedside tables




There are a lot of ways to create a distressed
finish on painted furniture but I end up always
going back to my trusted sandpaper. While I
was working on these nightstands I took some
photos to share showing the different look I get with
different grades of sandpaper.










I hand sanded with three sandpapers ....
220 grit is the smoothest I used, 120 is medium, and 80 grit is the coarsest or roughest

Below you can see the results of each grade when used on ASCP before waxing.
CLICK ON EACH PHOTO TO SEE A CLOSE UP (not the pin it button)


 I buy mine at Home Depot and if you noticed on the backs they are made in Canada and the USA

BEFORE                        AFTER
   

TIP: 
A good quality paper goes a long way.
It doesn't have to be super expensive but the assorted value
 pack that you see at the flea market is a waste of money.


   
**************************************




The are painted using Annie Sloan Chalk Paint and her wax.

I have a short waxing video available to watch here:

When it comes to distressing everyone likes different amounts. I consider this look to be a heavy distressed look,
and not to everyone's taste.

   

I hope this helps you distress with sandpaper.

********************************************

Stop into FIRSTFINDS HARDWARE STORE to find
shabby chic white hardware for your next project.

CLICK EACH PHOTO TO SEE MORE INFO
   
CLICK EACH PHOTO TO SEE MORE INFO
  
CLICK EACH PHOTO TO SEE MORE INFO
     




Pin It Now!

Email your Questions or Comments

Name

Email *

Message *

POPULAR ARTICLES

Your first stop for vintage hardware