TO PAINT OR NOT TO PAINT - french country cupboard






Many people go through the struggle of whether they should paint wood furniture or not. I also struggle sometimes with the
decision. I have had many pieces of beautiful wood furniture that I have re-home because they didn't fit in here.






 This dresser and cabinet have been with me for several years
 enjoyed as is but I have wanted to paint them for awhile now. 
It just took some time for me to jump in with both feet. The
 color I used on the base cabinet is AS Pure White mixed with
 a little Arles, an earthy yellow color. I brush painted the base
cabinet using one of Annie's big round brushes.


Those big brushes hold a lot of paint and once the base was 
finished I dry brushed the remnants of paint left in the brush,
 on to the upper cabinet.


  
*******************************************



 

 

*******************************************



Old three drawer dressers always look great with a pretty paper lining the drawers. The paper I used here is a heavy vintage wall paper probably from the 80's. I scourer through thrift stores looking for vintage wall paper to added to my collection. In this case I did not secured to the paper in the drawer but rather cut each piece much larger then the drawer bottom and folded it to fit, making it feel more pillowy and soft.




This dresser had a lot of damage when I got it and over
time I repaired and rebuilt all the issues.
I couldn't be prouder of this PROJECT and I adore
how it turned out, very french countryside.





********************************
Advertisement
vintage switch plates
 vintage hardware


Pin It Now!

Email your Questions or Comments

Name

Email *

Message *

POPULAR ARTICLES

Your first stop for vintage hardware